This is my first blog. I start this blog not really sure why I'm doing so. Part of me just wants a place to vent, part of me wonders if reading about my experience might be helpful to others, part of me is so thankful to have read the accounts of other bloggers going through the journey of trying to conceive, (And a part of me who really doesn't want to jinx herself is thinking that there might be a little one who might want to read about this someday.) So there you go..
I am 28 and am married to the most adorable man I could ever meet. He is the love of my life. I have been married to him since 2008 and we are going to have our 4th year wedding anniversary in few months. 28 doesn't sound too old..but the past few weeks have made me feel old. And the reason is..we are trying to have the baby of our dreams and we keep stumbling upon hurdles that does not let us have one!
This is my second cycle after we consulted an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) and I have not ovulated yet though am on CD22 (calendar day 22). Well, I am coming to this conclusion of 'not ovulating' based on my BBT (basal body temperature) and it might not be true (I wish!). One cannot determine anything based on the BBT on a particular day. You can draw conclusions only based on the bigger picture or the temperature pattern over a couple of days. I just wish that my BBT goes up tomorrow morning making today's a false one. This is the reason am writing this blog. We go through this journey of (in)fertility taking it one day at a time and I want to share this so that someone would benefit when they read what we are going through. Part of my solace is such blogs or forums about people who go through such journeys and end up with cute little babies. Reading those has given me so much reassurance and confidence to get through my day and sleepless nights.
Coming back to temperatures...I still kind of believe in taking a BBT everyday just to know where I stand in my cycle. My coverline is usually at 97.4 or 97.5. I thought I did ovulate two days back and my BBT had risen for the past two days but to my bad luck I am back again at 97.2 today which doesn't show me a good sign.Its not a long wait, I will know tomorrow morning and I can then decide if I need to talk to my RE about this "screwed" cycle. Meanwhile I have all these questions going through my mind...what did I do different this cycle except for taking "Metformin" which is supposed to help one ovulate. I wish ultrasound machines were cheap so that I could buy and keep one at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment