Last week, Thursday was our final appointment with our RE. The 25 mile ride felt really different that morning. We brought cupcakes to his office and thanked each one of them for making this happen. My 70 year old doc (yes he turned 70 last year!!!) was moved to tears when we said we will keep in touch and send pictures. Dr. Wizard wished us lots of luck and children :)
My RE is affiliated to RMACT (Reproductive medical associates of Connecticut) but he has his private clinic in NY. For some reason he is discontinuing his association with RMACT and is going to start working with RMANY which means that he will no longer have his own private clinic. Though it was a very happy day for us, his staff were not in their best spirits...most of them are losing their jobs only 1 or 2 out of 10 people are joining him at the new place. I felt so sorry for them...I may never see most of them when I visit him next time..
They were so kind enough not to show their disappointment that day.
After few hugs and smiles we left the place. My heart was heavy...this was one of the few places or people whom I felt very comfortable being with during this journey. We graduated and our first appointment with OB/GYN will be this Thursday.
I have been so tardy with blogging lately. I really need to pull myself together and provide more frequent updates. Weekend went like a fast breeze, Saturday was nice and Sunday was awful. I woke up with a headache, threw up after I had some decaf and I had that nasty headache the whole day. This morning I had a fasting blood appointment with my medical endocrinologist to review my DHEAS (androgen levels). He recommends me taking the Dexamethasone throughout the pregnancy and he is going to monitor me every 10 weeks to see how am doing. Stopping the medication may alter my androgen levels so he doesn't want me to stop at this point however I stop Metformin at 12 weeks.
Moving on to some updates about the little bean - We had our ultrasound last Thursday and the baby measured 9 weeks 0 days. For the first time we saw it make a little move...such an amazing sight!! Everything felt so real that moment! We will miss these frequent peeks at the bean going forward.
My mom-in-law is visiting us next week. I can’t wait to see her and spend some time with her. We will be visiting Cape Cod end of June…can’t wait for that either!! It will be our first vacation after almost a year!!
What a nice graduation. Congrats on everthing, and enjoy your upcoming vacation!
ReplyDeleteYay for graduating. When my RE handed me the u/s pictures he said he was going to trade these for baby pictures, made me almost tear up! I have always wanted to go to Cape Cod, maybe someday.
ReplyDelete