Jan 24, 2013

She's here!!


Our lovely daughter Ishana was born on January 11 at 9.44 am. I was 39 weeks on that day. She weighed 6 lbs 12 ounces and is doing fine. The labor itself was quite exhaustive and lasted for 24 hrs. My water broke on January 10th early morning and contractions began a few hours later and it ended up being a very long labor. Ultimately everything went well and it was a natural birth.
Last few days have been hectic with day and night time feedings. We are learning new things everyday and its indeed a blessing to have her with us!!





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! I haven't heard the name Ishana before...how did you choose it? I was expecting my daughter to be more on par with yours size-wise...not sure how she chunked up to be 8lb (although, to be fair, she was born at 40 weeks + 1 day)! Way to go, Mom, on a natural delivery! Enjoy all the cuddles (I have no doubt that you are!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My husband chose this name and I simply loved it from the time I heard it. All through the pregnancy I had people tell I was going to have an 8 pounder....my belly was huge...but it was mostly water than the baby itself. Would love to hear your birth story... am still working on writing up mine.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! Hope you are resting well and enjoying every minute with Reagen.

      Delete