May 11, 2012

Just hanging in there...

I wish I could stop
-          googling about hcg and progesterone levels
-          getting obsessive about 0.2 deg drop in temperatures
-          thinking why there are no symptoms yet
-          getting anxious each time I go to the bathroom
The last one is the most difficult because of my previous ectopic pregnancy. I started spotting around 5 weeks and they detected it at 6.5 weeks. I’m so scared to pee now! I didn’t POAS today…thought I will give a break and try tomorrow. The only symptom I am having is mild cramping on and off and sore breasts on and off…my temp dipped a little today which scares me but I am trying not to obsess too much about it. Maybe I should just stop temping for a while. Next beta is on Monday! Thank you so much for all your wishes yesterday!! It really means a lot to me.

5 comments:

  1. I am with you on the bathroom anxiety! I keep waffling, though, on the whole no symptoms thing. As I read about others with morning sickness, I'm not so sure it's something I want :) We don't get a choice, though, do we?

    Have you considered not temping now that you know you're pregnant? Unless you get up at the same time every day, and have a reliable thermometer (most aren't) with a good battery, things are bound to be inconsistent. Do you still have the package? I bet 0.2 is within the range they deem accurage. (I can't remember what it's called.)

    Oh, and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sass! I think I should just stop temping.ok..I am giving it up from today :)
      Wish we could do something with the bathroom anxiety!!!

      Delete
  2. You should absolutely stop temping now that you're pregnant. It will only freak you out.

    Also, just know that having mild cramping and sore breasts--even on and off--is totally normal. It scared me SO BADLY when I got my BFP until I talked to pregnancy veterans like my sis and she reassured me that mild cramping was totally normal and was just the uterus stretching out and preparing to support the pregnancy.

    And stop POAS. Obsessing about line strength will just freak you out. I am a giant hypocrite for saying this because I POAS after I got my positive and continued to do so for like, a week more. But it was needless stress. Don't do it to yourself!

    Finally, don't worry about beta levels. At 12 DPO, my beta was 29. If I compared myself to everyone on FF or The Bump, I'd have freaked myself out in thinking I didn't have a viable pregnancy. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Just remember, it's all about the doubling time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha,your words are such a relief! I will keep myself away from temping and poas and just wait for monday. Thats a better way to go!

      Delete
  3. I quit temping as soon as I got my BFP. Don't need extra stress cause Lord knows I give myself enough. I completely understand the bathroom anxiety, like to the point I don't even want to look. Keeping my fingers crossed and can't wait to hear the results from Monday!

    ReplyDelete