Oct 1, 2012

Paranoia?

It was last Thursday. I started feeling her move few weeks back but it was very random. Then on a Sunday I felt her move a lot so I was thinking….this is it and this is how it feels like having a little one inside you. Then came Monday and I didn’t feel a thing...and Tuesday…no signs at all and then Wednesday…not even a stir. Thursday afternoon I was very anxious after reading all those forums online where women mentioned about feeling kicks all the time after 20 weeks…so I rang up my OB/GYN and left her a message. She got back to me immediately and said I could go to her office or the hospital anytime to hear the heartbeat if I think the baby hasn't moved for more than a day or two. I was very surprised by her calm and immediate response (I always associate OB/GYN clinics to be a baby making factory).

So off we went to the hospital at 5 pm. I had that troubled look on my face and my dear hubby was trying to reassure me. I was taken to L&D into a monitoring room. A nurse came and she asked me how long I didn’t feel the baby move and I said about 3 days and she immediately had that concerning look on her face and asked why I didn’t come in earlier!

I had no answer to that. I felt I was being totally obsessed or paranoid so I gave it sometime but I had no idea that this had to be taken seriously and I had to report earlier. That put me in a very tough spot. They hooked on the Doppler probe and on came the heartbeat :)

I don’t know where she was hiding or why she was quiet...but that was a huge relief!! I know I might not feel the kicks very strong since I have an anterior placenta but 3 days was enough to get me restless.

They wrapped the Doppler probe on me as they filled up information on the computer. I looked at my hubby who had this 'I knew everything was ok' smile. He was so good at promptly taking me to the hospital...he never complained :) I laid there quietly thinking there are worst possible scenarios and I need to regroup myself and not get too anxious when things are okay. Just then I felt her move…not sure if was a kick but she indeed was agreeing. I just love this little one so much already!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is ok! Don't worry I tend to freak out a bit but then she comes back kicking just to let me know she is still growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you were concerned, but I know exactly how you probably felt! Since the school year started up again for me, I haven't been able to feel as much movement from my baby and I was so worried! To my surprise, at our last u/s (the anatomy scan), she was in constant motion and I hardly felt any of it! Somersaults and kicks and moving her arms...when I asked my doctor about it she said that the baby is still very small and has a lot of room to move around at this point. Do you notice any foods or beverages that she reacts to? My little one reacts to cranberry juice (must be the sugar) and chickpeas! Ha! My sister-in-law noticed that her twins moved around a lot if she drank cold water and my sister's baby jumped around if she drank orange juice. So glad that everything is alright and that your husband and doctor are supportive of you checking in for peace of mind:)

    ReplyDelete