Today I complete a year of charting my temperatures. I got so used to it sometimes becoming too obsessive about it. I did not chart my temperatures regularly this cycle because I just wanted a break! Moreover our doctor was going to plan out the cycle for us based on my ultrasounds.
This is my first cycle on 3 medications - Metformin 1000mg (lowers insulin levels/helping to reduce miscarriage/aids better quality eggs), Dexamethasone 0.25 mg (lowers DHEAS levels/testosterone levels), Clomid 100mg (stimulates ovulation/more quantity of eggs (CD6-10)) and my pre natal vitamins. Basically this is my #1 Clomid cycle.
Will my body just do the magic this time?
So, we met our Dr. Wizard and he noticed that there are 3 potential candidates for ovulation. Once the follicle size is greater than 10 mm it has a potential to ovulate. On my ultrasound I had two follicles on the right (hopefully good) side - one measuring 14 mm and the other 12 mm. And I have a 16 mm follicle on my left side which has a blocked tube. This is what I understood after speaking to the doctor. Once LH surges, if the follicles have reached a size of 18 mm+, all of them will ovulate. Sometimes only one or two might end up reaching that size. I pray that in this case at least one of my right follicles ovulate. Is that too much to ask given the weird but amazing intricacies of the nature and human body?
Well...we will know what ends up happening...it’s going to be a wait of 2+ weeks....not sure if I will blog during that time but will certainly come back after the wait…
No comments:
Post a Comment